Mental Health and Wellbeing
At St. Winefride’s, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff.
We are aware that anyone may need additional emotional support at points in their life.
At St.Winefride's we offer different levels of support:
Universal Support- To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance developing resilience for all.
Additional support- For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted support- For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as wellbeing groups or personal mentors.
At our school we:
- offer support from Jo (Catholic Care) to help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
Lead staff members:
Joanna Grogan: SENCO
Katie Tempest: Mental Health Lead
Louise Walsh: Senior Mental Health Lead & Mental Health First Aider (Adult)
Stephanie Del Core: Mental Health Champion (Children) & Peer Mentor leader
Jo Palmer: Catholic Care